The Scented Room

There’s nothing more welcoming than the subtle floral tones of a scented room.

So I like to freshen the smell of my house with a scented room spray.

Shabby Art Boutique Scented Room Spray 2

I make my own using a recipe I’ve had for ages:

Scented Room Spray

1 cup distilled water,

2 tablespoons Vodka,

15 – 20 drops of essential oil (depending on the oil).

Put all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake gently to mix. I also shake before use.

Add the pretty label to an old perfume bottle and it is pretty enough to leave out on display all the time.

Shabby Art Boutique Scented Room Spray 6

For this batch I used a pre mixed oil made by my friend Kylie at Touchwood Massage. Kylie is an aromatherapist who makes the most divine blends.

The one I used today was called Zesty. . .  it’s my favourite.

Zesty is full of fresh and lively citrus aromas. . . grapefruit to uplift, lemon to stimulate, lemongrass to refresh, mandarin to inspire and the energizing zip of lime.

The room spray has given my house an all over fresh citrusy smell, which is perfect for summer.

 

Shabby Art Boutique Scented Room Spray 3

We have two house dogs, a poodle and a Bichon Frise, so I’m always conscious of any doggy smells. A quick spritz of the citrusy room spray before visitors arrive  vanishes any doggy odours every time.

Don’t forget to spray your linen cupboard too!

I’m sharing my Scented room Spray at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, Blissful Whites Wednesday, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Tutorials, Tips & Tidbits – Stone Gable, Transformation Thursday, At The Picket Fence, Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground, Nifty Thrifty Sunday.