Hark the Herald Angels Sing. . .

'Angel Wings' are said to symbolize Innocence, Virtue, Purity, Peace and Love . . . all beautiful things.

And if you are Christian in faith. . . then you know Angels were quite instrumental in the birth of Jesus Christ and hence, play an important role in Christmas celebrations and festivities.

Shabby Art Boutique Angel Wings 1

This year I made a small set of wings that I could use in my Christmas decorating. . . but really, they could be out all year!

 

In my Simply Christmas magazine there was a step-by-step tutorial for making the Angel wings.

Did you get your free copy of the magazine?

If you missed it. . . you can pop over HERE to read it.

 

Shabby Art Boutique Angel Wings 4

So here’s how I made my wings. . .

Supplies:

Set of Tilda Angel Wings,

White tulle,

White silk ribbon,

Rhinestone button,

Small strip of cardboard,

All Purpose Glue.

mag6

1. Cut the cardboard to measure 1 cm high by 9cm wide.

Attach a hanger made from white silk ribbon to the centre of the cardboard strip and glue in place to secure.

 

2. Attach the Tilda Angel Wings to the cardboard strip with All Purpose Glue.

Make a bow from a strip of tulle and glue to the back of wings with most of the bow showing above the wings.

mag7

3. Cut two strips of silk ribbon and make a double bow. Glue to the centre of the wings.

4. Attach a pretty rhinestone button to the centre of ribbon bows using glue.

Shabby Art Boutique Angel Wings 2

My Angel wings have moved around quite a bit since I made them. . . . they just seem to fit in with so many different vignettes.

Now I’m thinking they would be the perfect addition to the wrapping of a very special Christmas gift. . .

Don’t you agree?

Added 27/11: I no longer have the angel wings in stock. They are made by Panduro Hobby in the UK and can be purchased online here.

Shabby Art Boutique Angel Wings 3

I’ll be sharing this project at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Transformation Thursday, At The Picket Fence, Nifty Thrifty Sunday.

In other news. . . I’m guest posting somewhere special later today so I’ll be back later today to let you know all about it.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne