Do Not Disturb….. I’m wrapping!

So how do you wrap?

Seriously. . . I really do want to know.

Not because I’m nosy, but I’m wondering how other people do it.

Shabby Art Boutique vintage door hanger 2

Are you the organised wrapping station kind of gal. . . with everything laid out and ready to go.

Or perhaps you are more last minute, rushing around and hoping like mad that you have enough paper. . . on Christmas eve. . . after the shops have closed!

 

One of my favourite Christmas activities is wrapping the presents.

It appeals to me on so many levels. . . I love giving gifts to others. . . I actually do enjoy wrapping gifts up all pretty and Christmassy. . . and there is a little part of me that likes the secrecy aspect of it too!

When my children where young I employed all kinds of tip-toeing around antics to noiselessly wrap the gifts after their bed time. . .

But now that they are teenagers I can hide away behind a closed door and take as long as I like to wrap up my gifts. . . . I even tantalise them with the very fact that I’m off to wrap their presents. . . and so this very act of gift wrapping was the inspiration behind my ‘do not disturb’ sign.

Shabby Art Boutique vintage door hanger 4

It’s another very quick and easy vintage themed project to add a homemade touch to your Christmas home.

All you need for this project is:

A purchased door hanger,

My printable graphic downloaded from HERE,

Mod Podge (and squeegee if you have one),

Sand paper (or a coarse nail file).

Shabby Art Boutique xmas door hanger 1

 

I printed my graphic out on matt photo paper, but if you’d prefer a more faded vintage look, just print on normal paper using normal printer settings.

Adhere the graphic to the door hanger and smooth out any bubbles. Leave to dry.

Sand off the excess paper using a scrap of sand paper, sanding pad or a coarse nail file.

Shabby Art Boutique vintage door hanger 3

 

How simple and quick was that. . . now you can hang it on the door so everyone knows not to disturb you!

If you like the vintage print wrapping paper in these photos you can download that from HERE too.

Shabby Art Boutique vintage wrapping paper

I’ll be sharing this project at this week’s link parties and with these friends: French Country Cottage, The Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The DIY Dreamer, Transformation Thursday, At The Picket Fence, Nifty Thrifty Sunday and Tutorials and Tips link party.