Shabbiliciously tea worthy!

Some of the best and most fun to make projects are born out of necessity. . . which was the case for me today.

I need a ‘nice’ tea towel for this weekend. A nice ‘fit to be seen’ out of the house type of tea towel.

Having checked my inventory of . . . hmm, shall we call them ‘everyday’ tea towels. . . it was pretty obvious I wasn’t taking one of these babies anywhere.

So the first project of the day was to whip up a pretty tea towel that would be presentable out in public.

Shabby Art Boutique tea towel 3

I wanted something that was quick to make, but also pretty and colourful.

And I’m loving this new shabby tea cup tea towel.

To start with, I made a cotton tea towel out of . . . yes, you guessed it . . . my all time favourite, drop cloth.

Shabby Art Boutique tea towel 4

Then came some pretty fabrics. . . that were appliqued on with Visoflex.

Nothing screams ‘shabby’ quite like a little crazy free motion stitching!

Boy I loved that stitching!!

Shabby Art Boutique tea towel 5

For someone who is a tad ‘particular’ about neat things. . .  letting loose with free motion stitching is like colouring outside the lines.

I feel very naughty!

But strangely liberated at the same time. . . look at that stitching all over the place.

Shabby Art Boutique tea towel 2

So I guess now that I have one really decent tea towel the others are going to feel a bit ‘shabby’ . . . perhaps I had better whip up a few more fun tea towels while I’m in a ‘crazy stitching’ kind of mood.

Shabby Art Boutique tea towel 1

I’m showing off my shabby tea towel at these great parties this week ~ French Country CottageThe Vintage Farmhouse, 36th Avenue, Clean and Scentsible, Live Laugh Rowe, The Common Ground, The DIY Dreamer, At The Picket Fence, The Cottage Market, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Freckled Laundry.