Shabbilicious Transformation

I’ve taken advantage of our beautiful spring weather and long holiday weekend here to get back to some shabbilicious basics.

I dusted off the sander and mixed up a new batch of white chalk paint. . . in readiness for some thrifty make-over magic.

Last week I managed to fit in a couple of thrifting runs. . . and while I didn’t get any of the things on my ‘thrifting wish list’, I did score a few sweet pieces that will be fun to make-over.

Shabby Art Boutique chest make-over before

I loved the simple lines on this little wood chest . . . it’s a sweet shape and a practical item too.

Before I started, I removed all the hardware, including the black metal frame from inside the door.

 

I sanded it all back to raw timber, before painting with several coats of antique white chalk paint.

Initially I intended to apply some French graphics. . . but after it was painted . . . I really just liked it plain and simple.

 

Next came some shabby distressing. . . followed by a little waxing love.

The decorative metal insert in the door was replaced with chicken wire. . . before all the hardware was put back in place.

With 3 deep drawers and a little cupboard with shelves, this practical piece will definitely have a new repurposed life in my studio.

This was not the only piece that got some make-over magic in the past few days . . . and I have to say I really enjoyed getting back to doing what I love.

If you’d like more detailed instructions on shabby/vintage painting and transformation techniques, check out my book Simply Shabbilicious. This 20 page book covers everything from finding your thrift ware to painting, using distress techniques and decorative finishes. Step-by-step instructions and colour photos lead you through a complete transformation project, plus additional information on reverse ink transfers, making your own chalk paint and how to rust metal.

My little wood chest make-over will be partying at all the best LINK Parties this week. Come along and be inspired.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne