5 ‘shabbilicious’ tutorials

I hope it is still Monday somewhere in the world. . . because I’m running very late for my Monday post. I spent yesterday (Monday in Australia) travelling home from Melbourne where I’ve been visiting my parents and supporting my dad during his cancer treatment. I’d like to say a huge thank you for the messages of support I’ve received from the blogging community . . . your kindness lifted me up during a difficult time.

Needless to say, there were cuddles all round when I got home to my family last night. . . this was the longest I’ve ever had to leave them and they were so pleased to have me home again. My old dog Gypsy just sat on my lap staring into my eyes . . . it was almost a pleading look like ‘mum is that really you’. . .’please don’t leave me again’. I’m sure I’ll have a couple of doggy shadows for the next couple of days, but everything will fall back into place when we get back into the studio.

Having a break from the studio was in some ways very cathartic . . . there was no pressure to produce and other things were keeping me quite busy . . . so after a few days my mind started to fill with creative ideas. Being in a different city with new influences was very inspiring and I’ve come home with an ideas book bursting with fresh ideas for pattern designs and creative projects. I’m itching to dive straight into my creative projects this week, but first I have to deal with 719 emails, plus orders that were placed during my absence . . . I’m tipping I’ll be sitting at the computer most of the day, so thank you for your patience if you are waiting on an email reply.

Sooo . . . while I get myself organised I thought I’d highlight some amazing talent from my Shabbilicious Friday link parties. Every week I’m amazed by the bounty of talented bloggers who link up and inspire us with their wonderful shabby, vintage and French inspired projects.

Here’s 5 of my favourite tutorials that I’ve put on my own ‘To Do’ list . . .

 #1 There are so many possibilities for this DIY Fabric Tape by Vanessa from Nifty Thrifty Things. I think I’ll try it with some Christmas fabric too.

fabric_tape04-600x398 nifty thrifty

#2 KariAnne from Thistlewood Farm shared a tutorial on how to make her handwritten recipe towels . . . these would make great gifts or what about using them to wrap a kitchen themed gift. I’m definitely making some of these.

thistlewood farm

#3 I can’t go past Bethany’s $20 DIY vintage look table at Pitter and Glink

VintageTableEndF pitter and glink

 

#4 Love this Horchow windowpane pillow knock off by Aimee at Twigg Studios

horchow-005 twigg studio

 

#5 I get asked often how I transfer graphics with Mod Podge, so this very detailed tutorial by Jennifer at Town and Country Living will interest many of you.

town and country 6

If you loved these projects, make sure you pop back every Friday to join in the fun of Shabbilicious Friday.

Until next time,

Hugs ~ Kerryanne