A touch of the Hampton’s at Shabby Art Boutique

Hi everyone. . .  and a special ‘hello’ to all my new followers. I’m so glad you have decided to follow my creative journey at the Shabby Art Boutique.

Today I was inspired to add a French touch to an unfinished project that has been hanging around the studio for awhile now.

Like a lot of other people, I’m hooked on the latest TV hit drama, Revenge. Now I love a good spellbinding plot and watching the antics of the upper society of the Hamptons is also amusing, but there’s another reason I tune in to this show each week. . .  I love to drool over the chic Hampton’s beach style decorating. It’s all relaxed luxury and enduring style, sun bleached wood floors, gorgeous neutral and white colour palette, pale aqua accents. . .

. . .and the there is Victoria Grayson’s chair. . . oh how I adore that chair!

Revenge chair

So with all this admiration going on I fixed my sights on an unfinished project that’s been hanging around the studio for what seems like ages.

French stool 7

I picked this foot stool up for just a few dollars and started a make-over many months ago, when I painted the stained legs white. After that this poor old girl was relegated to the ‘maybe-one-day’ pile and has been waiting their ever since.

Today, fuelled with an idea I set to work removing her ugly outer covering.

Next I measured our a piece of fabric for the new cover. . . actually it was a piece of pre-washed drop cloth. I love the texture of drop cloth after a few washes and the colour was perfect for my Hampton’s inspired foot stool.

Then I got out my collection of French stamps and permanent ink [Stazon – Timber Brown]. . .

add an hour or so of random stamping. . .

then some stretching. . . stapling. . . folding corners. . .

. . . and there you have it

. . . a foot stool that would be right at home in front of Victoria Grayson’s gorgeous chair.

Stamping on fabric opens up lots of new creative opportunities.

Look our ottoman and couch – you could be next!!

I’ll be sharing my Hampton’s inspired foot stool with these link parties this week.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne