French vintage birds nest cushion

Welcome my friends to another week in the Shabby Art Boutique studio.

Thank you to everyone who linked up to Shabbilicious Friday over the weekend. The party link is still open, so please feel free to link up your shabby, French and vintage projects.

I had some time over the past few days to work on a very sweet French/vintage themed project for my own home.

It seems I have a ‘thing’  for vintage birds and botanical gorgeousness at present, so I combined my new fav’s with my love for anything French. . . and came up with a new cushion for my lounge room.

I started with some of my handmade French fabric. . .

constructed a graphic by combining 2 graphics from The Graphics Fairy, which I printed onto fabric.

After attaching the graphic to the French fabric with Vliesofix, I played around with some free motion stitching. . .

. . .threw in a few vintage buttons

. . . popped in a zipper and sewed her up!!

And there you have it. . .

a new French themed cushion full of charm and vintage character.

I’m sharing my French vintage birds nest cushion this week at Brag Monday on The Graphic’s Fairy

and at these gorgeous link parties.

Hugs ~ Kerryanne