Swooning over French Macarons

This week I’m swooning over French macarons. . . . you know, those delicate  little French confections.

Now don’t get them confused with macaroons because they are two different things.

But I have a confession to make. . . my French Macarons are not real.

. . they are fake,

. . . pretend,

. . . imitations

and NO they can’t be eaten.

Anyone who has followed me for awhile will understand why I need to tell you that [giggle].

A few years ago I made a sea change from the big city to this beautiful sea-side paradise. . . and I brought with me my faux cupcakes. Oh those cupcakes were well known and one of my biggest sellers at the time. Even though I was supplying stores both here and overseas a funny thing happened when I brought those faux cupcakes to my quirky new country town – they didn’t get it!!.

If you want a giggle, pop back and read this old post about the day I shocked the locals. . . it’s too funny!!

So there you have it. . . my take on the French macaron.

If you’d like to whip up a batch for yourself, I have a new pattern available over here. It has super easy to follow step-by-step instructions with lots of photos.

I’ve also brought my secret faux cupcake recipe out of retirement too. . .

it got a make-over and an update and will be available here for a short period only.

Think I might make some real cakes today!

Hugs ~ Kerryanne