Pastel, pretty and totally shabby

Hello everyone,

How was your weekend? I took advantage of our very warm weather here to basecoat a huge basket full of thrifting treasures on Sunday. I have quite a few sewing caddies to get ready for the Vintage Market and Handmade Treasures pages this week and had planned to do that today. . . but as often happens, I got side tracked on this. . . . .

Any ideas what it is?

I had a hue response to my new Lace and Ribbon Boards pattern last week and have had many customers ask how they can store them. I’d worked on a few ideas over the weekend for making little storage crates, but when I popped down to a local craft store today I spied something else that I thought would fit the bill perfectly. . .

. . . this cute paper mache treasure chest.

I started by giving her a couple of coats of pale pink, then a wax resist layer, followed by antique white. I then distressed the box with fine sandpaper for that shabby look!

I used some beautiful French themed scrapbook papers and a collection of pretty pastel embellishments; flowers, tulle leaves, pearls and bling buttons to pretty her up even more.

So what’s inside my pretty shabby box. . . why my ribbon boards of course!

Almost made to order . . . 16 boards fit inside perfectly.

Sometimes you just have to think outside the box and find items you can repurpose to suit your needs.

I think this little box will add a touch of shabby perfection to my studio. . . the added bonus is the lid will keep it all dust free too.

What do you think?

Hugs ~ Kerryanne