Deck the halls with boughs of holly. . .

And what about the Christmas tree? . . . yes, it’s that time again!

Last year I did a Simply Christmas post on how to decorate a Christmas tree and having worked for many years as a visual merchandiser for a big city department store, I’ve dressed hundreds of trees. You can check out that post here if you’d like a few pointers.

Christmas trees come in all shapes and sizes these days. . . from pretty little decor items for vignettes right through to great big freshly cut trees that almost fill a room. I’ve made quite a few new trees for my Christmas displays this year and have them dotted all through the house.

1

This little trio is vintage paper inspired.

4

I love book paper roses and decided to use them to make a tree. . . if only I hadn’t gone for such a largish tree!! The roses for this tree took approximately 8 hours of cutting, rolling and gluing to get a fully covered cone.

5

So worth it. . . I love the final result and have combined it with a couple of other vintage inspired trees for an all white/cream vignette in my family room. I even gave Santa a new take on the old red suit!

6

The paper roses are pretty easy to make. . . I used this template

rose

and printed it several times at various sizes on a word document. I made the word document page size the same as my music sheets and then printed them off. I combined sheet music pages and old book pages together for a nice mix of colours.

2   3

Start by cutting out the rose shape so you have a continuous coil. Start rolling the coil from the outer edge. When you get to the middle there’s what looks like a 3 petal flower, hold the rolled flower in one hand while adding a little hot glue to the base. Then push the rolled flower down on the glue and support until it dries. When you’ve made enough roses, hot glue to your project base. . . it could be a tree, wreath or even a gift card.

. . .and there you have it – my vintage paper rose tree!

7

Added 1st December: These trees were awarded this button at 36th Avenue

button 36thavenue

SANTA_(1)

Don’t forget. . . there’s still a day or two to enter Fee’s Giveaway here.

Just before I go. . . just letting you know I have a limited quantity of personalised stockings available on my Handmade page of my website while stocks last.

ChristmasStockings

Hugs ~ Kerryanne

I’ll be partying with all the link party girls this week